By Sharon Aron Baron
Two teens are dead after their car lost control, striking a concrete pole.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a single-vehicle crash involving five teens on Saturday.
Preliminary investigation reveals that shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday, Crystal McLeod, 17, of Tamarac was driving a 2010 Honda Civic southbound on North State Road 7 in Tamarac at a high rate of speed.
McLeod aggressively changed lanes and overcorrected her steering, causing her vehicle to slide sideways as the car was rotating clockwise before striking a large concrete pole on the driver’s side, splitting the car in two.
Tamarac and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported all of the occupants to Broward Health Medical Center. McLeod was pronounced deceased at 10:26 p.m. and passengers, Ziair Simpson, 14, of North Lauderdale, was pronounced dead at 12:59 a.m. on July 5.
Two other passengers were 14, and another was 16 from Lauderdale Lakes, and all remain in serious condition. All parents of the juveniles have been notified.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.11.23Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.11.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Gets Teed Up For 2022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament
- News2022.11.21Postal Worker Robbed at Gunpoint in Tamarac
- News2022.11.18On Your Marks, Get Set … Walk or Run! Tamarac Turkey Trot holds 41st Annual Event on Thanksgiving