By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with the residents, this is a summary of Tamarac crime events through February 27.
Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts
A victim of Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts was reported on 02/25/2023. The total estimated loss was $2,200. An unknown suspect stole the tailgate of the victim’s vehicle for the second time in less than a month.
A victim of Auto Theft on Woodlands Blvd was reported on 02/25/2023. The total estimated loss was $815.
A victim of Auto Theft on Rock Island Road was reported on 02/24/2023. The unknown subject stole his 2020 blue Infinity Q-60 by smashing/breaking the driver-side window.
Theft – Retail / Shoplifting
A victim of Theft – Retail / Shoplifting on W McNab Road was reported on 02/23/2023. The total estimated loss was $1,179. Unknown Asian female suspects concealed numerous items underneath their oversized dresses and left the store without paying.
Theft – All Other
A victim of Theft – All Other on NW 78 Avenue was reported on 02/22/2023. The total estimated loss was $421. An electric skateboard with a remote top speed of 29 Mph was ordered from Amazon. The item was stated it was delivered, but the victim never received it, and his ring camera did not show anyone delivering any packages to his residence.
A victim of Theft – All Other on N University Drive was reported on 02/26/2023. The complainant reported seven young men ordered and consumed $99.61 worth of food and beverages. They then left $100 and $20 Motion Picture Use Only play money bills on the table and fled the restaurant without paying.
Fraud – Worthless Check
A victim of Fraud – Worthless Check on W Commercial Blvd was reported on 02/22/2023. An unknown person deposited fraudulent checks into a bank member’s account.
A victim of Forgery at Rock Island Road was reported on 02/23/2023. Victim advised while she was putting together the weekly deposit for the bank, she noticed a counterfeit $20.00 bill. It is unknown who passed the bill to the business.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance on Rock Island Road was reported on 02/23/2023. The total estimated loss was $1,980. The victim advised unknown suspect(s) burglarized her black Hyundai Sonata driver’s side window was shattered. Items taken were a Glock 48 and iPhone.
Bell, Shania Regina, 26, was arrested on a Failure To Appear – Traffic charge on Woodlands Blvd/W Commercial Blvd on 02/23/2023.
Hollman, Melissa Maria, 45, was arrested on a charge of Aggravated Battery Cause Bodily Hann/Disability -Domestic on N State Road 7 on 02/23/2023.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Wheaton Terrier Dies in Car Fire
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: 6 Car Theft Incidents This Week
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: 8 Telecom Batteries Stolen From Cell Phone Tower Worth $6K
- NewsSeptember 11, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Makes Clean Getaway Stealing a Washer And Dryer