By: Sharon Aron Baron
Woodmont residents will be relieved that a rash of burglaries in occurring in March may have been halted due to the recent arrest of a person that was caught on surveillance video.
On Wednesday, Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested 21-year-old resident Javond Hall, of 8181 N. University Drive and charged him with the burglary to Carmen Velez’s home in Woodmont.
It began when Velez returned to her home on Monday and found her living room window smashed as well as her bedroom ransacked. Thousands of dollars in jewelry and collectibles were also missing.
Detectives served a search warrant at Javond Hall’s apartment and recovered stolen property that included hundreds of pieces of jewelry, passports, credit cards, cell phones, small electronics, two handgun magazines, a bag of ammunition and a safe.
Velez was one of about a dozen burglary victims in the Woodmont development in March. Hall was on felony probation for previous burglary charges when he was arrested. A surveillance video from a neighbor’s home captured Hall jumping a fence to access his victim’s yard.
An important piece of evidence was retrieved when detectives recovered the shirt he was wearing in the video during the search warrant.
BSO’s Burglary Apprehension Team and the Coral Springs Police Department’s Burglary Enforcement and Reduction Unit assisted in the investigation and arrest. Both agencies will continue to investigate Hall’s possible connection to burglaries in their jurisdictions and he faces a multitude of charges.
Surveillance Video below:
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale