By Agrippina Fadel
The Tamarac Fire Rescue Cadet Program is currently accepting applications for its upcoming class.
Applications are accepted starting July 3 and closing on July 21. Interviews will be held during August, and the program will begin on September 5.
The cadet program accepts residents as young as 13, and they can remain in the program if in good standing and still in high school until they turn 18.
Cadets in the program learn about the city, its different departments, the fire station layout, where all the equipment is located, and how firefighters utilize each piece. Each meeting begins with a brief workout, emphasizing firefighter fitness’s importance and the demand for physical readiness.
Cadets must attend and participate in all meetings and can only miss one if they have a reasonable excuse. Meetings include classroom and hands-on activities, equipment knowledge testing, and practical application.
The program helps teens develop a career path in the fire rescue industry. Learn more and apply here.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023High Schoolers Offered 100 Service Hours for Fostering Dogs from Broward County Animal Care
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Lauderhill Police Hold Next ‘Coffee with a Cop’ October 12
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Tamarac Offers Free Certification Course for HOA Board Members
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Ticket Alert: Flashback Four Rocks Kings Point Palace Sept. 23