By: Saraana Jamraj
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. will be celebrated around the country as the holiday honoring him approaches. In Tamarac, the library is hosting an event to teach children more about this inspiring man.
As part of their children’s program, the Tamarac Branch Library is holding MLK Day craft and storytime, where children can learn about and celebrate the life of the influential civil rights activist.
The event is open to children ages 5-10, and no registration is required. However, supplies are limited. The story hour will be held in the Tamarac Youth Services Story Room, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 16.
The library will be closed on MLK Day itself. Further celebrations of Dr. King’s life can be found around the city during the week, including the city’s official MLK Day Celebration on Friday, January 17.
The library is located at 8701 W Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.01.23Late Tamarac Resident and Volunteer’s Life to be Honored in February
- News2020.01.19Tamarac Hosts Celebratory Black History Month Events in February
- News2020.01.13City Manager’s Salary in the Spotlight at Tamarac Commission Meeting
- News2020.01.07Tamarac Library to Host Storytime in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr.