By: Saraana Jamraj
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. will be celebrated around the country as the holiday honoring him approaches. In Tamarac, the library is hosting an event to teach children more about this inspiring man.
As part of their children’s program, the Tamarac Branch Library is holding MLK Day craft and storytime, where children can learn about and celebrate the life of the influential civil rights activist.
The event is open to children ages 5-10, and no registration is required. However, supplies are limited. The story hour will be held in the Tamarac Youth Services Story Room, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 16.
The library will be closed on MLK Day itself. Further celebrations of Dr. King’s life can be found around the city during the week, including the city’s official MLK Day Celebration on Friday, January 17.
The library is located at 8701 W Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. She's completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.08.06Tamarac Offers Upgrades for Qualifying Neighborhoods in Partnership Program
- News2020.08.06City Announces Limited Park, Fitness Center Hours in Tamarac
- News2020.08.06Quince Supermarket Opens in Tamarac with a Variety of International Products
- News2020.08.04Tamarac Launches Small Business Grants