By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac man has been arrested for the death of two young brothers who drowned earlier this year after venturing into a pool in North Lauderdale.
John Louis Lynn Jr., 24, was arrested September 3 and faces two counts of aggravated manslaughter of a child. Detectives said Lynn failed to provide proper care and supervision for the brothers, which made him responsible for their deaths.
On May 22, family members discovered Ja’Kye Joseph, 6, and his 5-year-old brother, Branario Minto, submerged in the pool at the Silver Palms Condominiums. They pulled them from the water, began CPR and called for help. When first responders arrived, the boys were non-responsive. North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported the brothers to Northwest Medical Center where they were pronounced dead.
Investigators said surveillance video shows the victims unsupervised and running to the pool area at approximately 7:16 p.m. Detectives said the 911 call was received at 9:33 p.m. and the brothers had been submerged underwater for almost two hours prior to being found.
Detectives have obtained an additional arrest warrant for the victims’ mother, Wildline Joseph. Anyone who knows Joseph’s whereabouts is urged to contact the Regional Communications Division at (954) 764-4357, Homicide Det. Barbara Dyer at (954) 321-4262 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup