By: Sharon Aron Baron
An Uber driver has lost his life due to an out-of-control vehicle driven by a Tamarac man.
Around midnight on June 27, Uber driver Juan Ternera, 37, of Miami was transporting a client, driving eastbound on Commercial Boulevard. Meanwhile, MD Yeasin Shams, 25, of Tamarac, was heading westbound on the same roadway, traveling at a high rate of speed. As Shams crossed over the railroad tracks at Dixie Highway, his vehicle went airborne, rotating as it slid across multiple lanes of traffic.
Sham’s vehicle entered the eastbound lanes and lightly swiped an Acura TL continuing in a southwesterly direction, crashing into Ternera’s car.
Oakland Park Fire Rescue transported Shams, Ternera and his client to Broward Health Medical Center. Ternera was pronounced dead at the hospital, while Shams remains in critical condition. Ternera’s passenger sustained serious injuries but is expected to survive.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide investigators say the vehicles collided with such force that the engine of Shams’ car separated from the car. The battery and other vehicle parts were also scattered on the roadway.
The driver of the Acura remained on scene and is aiding in the ongoing investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.21Meet Allie: She’s at Broward County Animal Care Seeking her Forever Family
- News2019.11.20University Hospital & Medical Center Names New CEO
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2