By: Sharon Aron Baron
An Uber driver has lost his life due to an out-of-control vehicle driven by a Tamarac man.
Around midnight on June 27, Uber driver Juan Ternera, 37, of Miami was transporting a client, driving eastbound on Commercial Boulevard. Meanwhile, MD Yeasin Shams, 25, of Tamarac, was heading westbound on the same roadway, traveling at a high rate of speed. As Shams crossed over the railroad tracks at Dixie Highway, his vehicle went airborne, rotating as it slid across multiple lanes of traffic.
Sham’s vehicle entered the eastbound lanes and lightly swiped an Acura TL continuing in a southwesterly direction, crashing into Ternera’s car.
Oakland Park Fire Rescue transported Shams, Ternera and his client to Broward Health Medical Center. Ternera was pronounced dead at the hospital, while Shams remains in critical condition. Ternera’s passenger sustained serious injuries but is expected to survive.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide investigators say the vehicles collided with such force that the engine of Shams’ car separated from the car. The battery and other vehicle parts were also scattered on the roadway.
The driver of the Acura remained on scene and is aiding in the ongoing investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.27Tamarac Holds Annual Bike Event to Learn Safety on the Streets
- News2020.02.271 Victim Dead After Car Found Submerged in Tamarac Canal
- News2020.02.27Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes