By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coronavirus pandemic is an unprecedented, evolving situation facing cities around the world.
The City of Tamarac is monitoring and responding to a continuous flow of information and developing guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and well-being of the community.
On Friday, March 13, the city declared a State of Emergency which enables staff to continue preparations and the city to take additional measures to protect our vulnerable populations. This also makes price gouging illegal.
Mayor Michelle Gomez reminds residents that as they face this unprecedented challenge, some people may feel stress, or even panic, about their health, or that of loved ones.
“Let’s remember to be kind and patient with each other. Some people may feel socially isolated. Please call and check on your neighbors and friends, and encourage walks around the community,” she said.
Effective Tuesday at 5:30 pm, all Tamarac buildings are closed to the public. and employees will be working and available by phone and email during regular business hours.
The city’s parks and pool will be open until further notice.
The city has canceled, suspended, or postponed the following events.
Spring Break camp
Vita Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program
Youth Recreation Classes
Adult Recreation Classes
Senior program activities
Adult Open Gym Sundays
March 20 Concert in the Park
March 21 Garage Sale
March 25 Broward College “Land that Job” workshop
March 28 Wet & Wild Egg Splash
April 3 Movie in the Park
April 4 Springfest
All magistrate hearings for red light camera, code, and building cases
Public Art Committee meeting
Planning Board meeting
Waters Edge Park Grand Opening
Youth basketball and baseball programs
Savor the Flavor TAMARAC
Adult co-ed softball
Adult men’s basketball
In the days ahead, the city encourages residents to follow personal hygiene guidelines and social distancing recommendations — which means avoiding large gatherings and unnecessary travel as much as possible.
Mayor Gomez said, “While we must temporarily embrace social distancing, we are a community that cares about each other, and we will get through this, together.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town