By: Sharon Aron Baron
In their latest update regarding Coronavirus, the City of Tamarac is closing more amenities to protect the public.
These closures include the Community Farmers Market beginning Sunday, March 22, and the Caporella Aquatic Complex, including the pool, will be closed effective Friday, March 20.
City parks remain open, but basketball courts, playgrounds, the skateboard park, and the splash pad will be closed beginning Friday, March 20.
While you can still respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone or mail, please be aware that the U.S. Census Bureau has suspended all field operations for two weeks.
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) announced an initiative to distribute computer devices for students in need starting Friday, March 20. BCPS also added new distribution sites for its food and nutrition services program. Information on all this and more is available at www.BrowardSchools.com/Coronavirus.
People over age 60, who need information about food assistance, transportation services, and more can call the Aging & Disability Resource Center at (954) 745-9779, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ADRCBroward.org.
In a recent update, Broward County asked residents ages 60 and up who don’t participate in meal programs but are experiencing a food shortage due to COVID-19 to call the Area Agency on Aging of Broward’s helpline at (954) 745-9779.
Broward County also confirmed that South Florida Meals on Wheels service would continue. People who regularly take meals at a congregate meal site or senior center that has closed will receive home-delivered meals until their regular facility re-opens.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has begun offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to Florida small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. Small businesses, private non-profit organizations of any size, small agricultural cooperatives, and small aquaculture enterprises that have been financially impacted since January 31 may qualify. Details are available at DisasterLoan.sba.gov/ela. Those who are interested can also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email DisasterCustomerService@SBA.gov.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town