By Agrippina Fadel
The Warrior Love Band, a Bob Marley tribute band, headlines the One Tamarac multicultural festival this year, joining the impressive lineup of local musicians and dance groups.
Held on Saturday, February 10, from 4:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Tamarac Sports Complex, the annual free event includes a variety of performances on two stages, a cultural exhibition area, a children’s fun zone with inflatables, food vendors, and trucks, and a laser light show.
“One Tamarac celebrates our community’s many faces and voices with a free festival,” said Rudolph Galind, director of Parks and Recreation, adding that the event honors the rich diversity that makes Tamarac the city it is today.
Rhoden, originally from Jamaica, pays tribute to legends like Bob Marley and Dennis Brown while pushing the genre into bold new territory. He is the first major reggae artist to accompany his vocals on the steel drum, giving him a signature sound.
The Laser Light Show will follow the reggae performance at 7.30 p.m.
On the nearby community stage, the guests can see the performers from 5:00 p.m. to 6.30 p.m., starting with Ambitious Legendary Dance and Delou Africa Dance Ensemble, followed by Samba Queens, Aloha Islander and Drake Irish Dance School.
The Tamarac Multicultural Festival will be held at the Sports Complex at 9901 NW 77th St. On-site parking is limited, and the guests are encouraged to use the free shuttle buses from City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Ave., and the Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee