By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry has announced the appointment of Tamarac resident Roberto “Rob” Hernandez as the new Deputy County Administrator.
An eight year resident of the Woodmont Country Club in Tamarac along with his wife Mercedes, Hernandez is an experienced public servant who served as deputy county manager for Fulton County, Georgia, and most recently as deputy city manager for Coral Springs in Broward County. He is returning to County Government, where he served as an assistant to the county administrator from 1994 to 2008.
As deputy county administrator, Hernandez will assist the administrator in managing the day-to-day operations of the County, and oversee the activities of several large departments, including Public Works, Human Services and Environmental Protection and Growth Management, as well as the Parks and Recreation, Libraries and Cultural divisions. Also reporting to Hernandez will be the Office of Economic and Small Business Development, Office of Public Communications, Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and Professional Standards, and the Office of the Medical Examiner and Trauma Services.
We are excited to have Rob back with Broward County. He has dedicated much of his professional life to public service and has a keen understanding of how county government programs and services help meet the needs of our residents, businesses and visitors. He will be a valuable asset to the County and the community.” – Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry
Hernandez has a bachelor’s degree in public administration from Florida International University, and a master’s degree in public administration from Nova Southeastern University. He is a graduate of the Broward Fire Academy and the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School. He retired from the U.S. Army Reserves in 2008 after a 23-year career, most recently serving as a senior instructor in civil-military operations.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes