By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac was supposed to be enjoying a night out against crime. Still, City Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad must have thought that she was above the law after she allegedly threw a water bottle and unleashed a tirade upon one Tamarac family.
The citywide “Night Out Against Crime” was full of local families and officers enjoying the evening from the Broward Sheriff’s Office. There were pony rides, face painting, food, and music. However, when Tamarac resident Kevin Muscolino and his wife Michelle and 11-year-old daughter Ashley arrived, they allege Atkins-Grad went off on them.
Muscolino, a local business owner, was also part of the effort, which helped collect signatures to recall Atkins-Grad.
We were in a grass swale and had just gotten there, next thing I know Atkins-Grad is charging at me yelling, ‘You’re going to rot in hell for bringing that child out here in that shirt!’ Referring to recall shirt we were wearing, and yelling ‘What did I ever do to you? I’ve done nothing to ever deserve this!’” – Kevin Muscolino
Muscolino tried to talk to her, but then she threw her water bottle at him. Water drenched his glasses, face, and shirt, and some got on his daughter.
“I wanted to grab her,” said Muscolino, “but she walked away, and my daughter’s here. So my next thought was to find a police officer to have her arrested.”
Muscolino turned to the officer he had just seen Atkins-Grad speaking with moments before. He told Officer Akers that he wanted to press charges, but the officer said that he didn’t see anything and therefore wouldn’t be able to do anything. Muscolino went over to the SWAT officers standing nearby, and they made sure the report was made.
“I think this officer may have either known Patte or may have just been afraid to make a police statement against a city commissioner,” said Muscolino.
During this time, his daughter Ashley was crying and upset after watching the altercation firsthand.
Muscolino says he will file charges with the State Attorney this week.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family