By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac woman driving the wrong way in Coral Springs early Saturday morning died after she collided with a taxi.
According to Coral Springs Police Sergeant Carla Kmiotek, the crash happened at 5:40 a.m. on the 2700 block of Coral Ridge Drive where a preliminary investigation shows that a 2005 Nissan Altima driven by Leslie Amanda Eastland Campos, 24, of Tamarac was traveling northbound in the southbound lane. Kmiotek said that the Altima struck a taxi with two occupants: driver Mathiu Aurelien, 54, and passenger Keven Brice, 30, both of Margate.
Aurelien and Brice were both taken to Broward Health North where Aurelien was treated and released. Brice remains hospitalized with serious injuries.
Kmiotek said that Eastland Campos somehow got on the wrong side of the road, but it is too soon to know whether or not she was under the influence of alcohol.
She does urge anyone with information to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Derek Fernandes 954-346-1754.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes