By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac woman driving the wrong way in Coral Springs early Saturday morning died after she collided with a taxi.
According to Coral Springs Police Sergeant Carla Kmiotek, the crash happened at 5:40 a.m. on the 2700 block of Coral Ridge Drive where a preliminary investigation shows that a 2005 Nissan Altima driven by Leslie Amanda Eastland Campos, 24, of Tamarac was traveling northbound in the southbound lane. Kmiotek said that the Altima struck a taxi with two occupants: driver Mathiu Aurelien, 54, and passenger Keven Brice, 30, both of Margate.
Aurelien and Brice were both taken to Broward Health North where Aurelien was treated and released. Brice remains hospitalized with serious injuries.
Kmiotek said that Eastland Campos somehow got on the wrong side of the road, but it is too soon to know whether or not she was under the influence of alcohol.
She does urge anyone with information to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Derek Fernandes 954-346-1754.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes
- Crime & Safety2020.02.23Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through February 18
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home