By: Sharon Aron Baron
Freestyle, backstroke, breastroke. and butterfly. Does you child know these four basic swimming strokes? If not, then they should take advantage of the Tamarac Swimming program at the Caporella Aquatic Complex where they can learn them all under the guidance of their experienced instructors.
Led by Coach Marty Grady with over 30 years experience and Coach Andre Bailey with 15 years, who was trained by Grady, your child will learn from the pros who have trained others that have gone on to win awards and swimming scholarships throughout the years.
“Usually we’d like them to have basic swim lessons before they begin, but it’s not mandatory,” said Bailey.
Bailey said that as part of the U.S, Swimming Program, they teach swimmers all four strokes.
The good news for swimmers is that the pool at the Caporella Aquatic Center is kept warm year-round so now is the time to try out for the team.
All ages are welcome between 5-18 and swimmers will be divided into age and ability.
“We have swimming as little as two days a week to six days a week,” said Bailey who said it all depends on which level they are.
Now residents can receive a second month free after they try out and sign up for a month. Rates start as low as $50 a month. They also have a masters team from ages 18-90.
The Caporella Aquatic Complex is located at 9300 NW 58th Street. Tryouts are free and held Monday through Thursday between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. For more information email email@example.com or call 954-696-8457. Check out their website here at www.tamaracswimming.wordpress.com/
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies