By: Sharon Aron Baron
A teenager lost his life in a crash on Wednesday night in Tamarac after losing control of his vehicle.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a single-vehicle crash that left 19-year-old Jason Brown Jr. of Lauderhill dead on Wednesday around 10:00 p.m.
According to BSO, Brown was heading west in the 8700 block of West Commercial Boulevard weaving in and out of traffic in a Hyundai Veloster. It appears the front driver’s side tire of the Hyundai struck the center median, causing Brown to lose control of the vehicle. The car continued across the westbound lanes, rotating clockwise, until it struck a concrete light pole.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced Brown dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21No Serious Injuries After Single-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree