By: Sharon Aron Baron
A teenager lost his life in a crash on Wednesday night in Tamarac after losing control of his vehicle.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a single-vehicle crash that left 19-year-old Jason Brown Jr. of Lauderhill dead on Wednesday around 10:00 p.m.
According to BSO, Brown was heading west in the 8700 block of West Commercial Boulevard weaving in and out of traffic in a Hyundai Veloster. It appears the front driver’s side tire of the Hyundai struck the center median, causing Brown to lose control of the vehicle. The car continued across the westbound lanes, rotating clockwise, until it struck a concrete light pole.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced Brown dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup