By: Matt Rothman
TS Aquatics has achieved remarkable results with several of its swimmers participating in the postseason competitions.
Tawannah McLemore led all swimmers to second place in the 50-yard freestyle at the State Championship. She was .05 from first place and was fifth in the 100-yard breaststroke. Carolina Gonzalez, McLemore, Rwani Ceballos, and Giani Francis qualified for the 200-yard freestyle relay but were disqualified after an early takeoff.
Miles Green finished in third place in the 50-yard freestyle. He was .25 from first place and swam in the 200-yard freestyle with TS Aquatics teammates Jayden Davis, Zane Samms, and Mekhi Dawkins.
Allyson Lake and Sophia El Chantiry swam together and competed in a relay race to place 14th. Max Georgiev, Joshua Guo, Lorenzo Herek, and Alexander Nichols swam together to finish 19th in states, while Herek also swam individually in the 50-yard freestyle.
TS Aquatics also had Urias Campbell swim in a relay for her school. Ariel Rothenburg swims in states. Matthew Tan also had an incredible postseason with Alex Peshkov, Dmitry Peshkov, Abigail Pierre, and Johnnie Rodeiguez-Cedeno.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent