By: Sharon Aron Baron
Carbon monoxide poisoning from an apparent suicide killed two men and a dog on Wednesday morning according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
At 8:00 a.m., detectives received a call from a witness who smelled fumes at the 7900 block of Exeter West located at Kings Point Tamarac. When BSO arrived, they discovered Michael Anthony Payson, 64, dead in his car in the garage while the motor was still running. Also dead were Thomas J. Boyle, 72, and their dog, who were inside the house.
Payson had left a note indicating his intent and instructions for his roommate to notify his family. Detectives believe that Boyle was attempting comply with his roommate’s request when he and his dog were overcome by carbon monoxide.
Detectives believe that Boyle’s death was not intended but was a result of fumes from the garage getting into the home.
Carbon monoxide seeped into the adjoining townhouses and residents were evacuated. There were no reported injuries.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup