By: Sharon Aron Baron
Newly appointed Vice Mayor Michelle Gomez, who represents District Two in Tamarac, will be hosting two events with her constituents.
The first starts on January 28 is “Coffee with the Vice Mayor” and residents can come between 5:30 p.m – 7:30 p.m at AT&T Prime Communications located at 10181 W. Commercial Blvd. She asks residents to “Join her for conversation, dessert and coffee before dinner and share your thoughts with me about our city.”
The second event “Coffee Break with the Vice Mayor” and is scheduled for Thursday, February 13, is from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m at the Orange Tree Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant at 6400 N. University Drive.
Gomez was first appointed in 2010 as Commissioner after Patte Atkins Grad was suspended from office. After a jury found Atkins Grad not guilty, she was reinstated, and Gomez was no longer commissioner. She was recently reappointed again in October after Atkins Grad resigned rather than face an embarrassing recall election by residents.
Gomez has filed to run for the District Two seat in November 2014.
For more information contact Michelle.Gomez@Tamarac.org or 954-597-3460.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac