By: Sharon Aron Baron
Newly appointed Vice Mayor Michelle Gomez, who represents District Two in Tamarac, hosts two events with her constituents.
The first starts on January 28 is “Coffee with the Vice Mayor,” and residents can come between 5:30 p.m – 7:30 p.m at AT&T Prime Communications located at 10181 W. Commercial Blvd. She asks residents to “Join her for conversation, dessert, and coffee before dinner and share your thoughts with me about our city.”
The second event, “Coffee Break with the Vice Mayor,” is scheduled for Thursday, February 13, from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m at the Orange Tree Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant at 6400 N. University Drive.
Gomez was first appointed in 2010 as Commissioner after Patte Atkins Grad was suspended from office. After a jury found Atkins Grad not guilty, she was reinstated, and Gomez was no longer commissioner. In October, she was reappointed after Atkins Grad resigned rather than face an embarrassing recall election by residents.
Gomez has filed to run for the District Two seat in November 2014.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family