By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are looking for the unidentified armed robber who got away with the all cash in the register and a little something for his sweet tooth in what seemed like a typical convenience store visit for a late-night snack that quickly turned into a perilous situation when the customer pulled out a gun.
On January 3, Claude Robert, was working an evening shift at the 7-Eleven at 8201 N. Pine Island Road in Tamarac when a customer approached him with a bottle of water and a Nutrageous candy bar. As Robert rang up the two items, the man pulled out a gun from his waistband and demanded the cash in the register. The clerk gave the robber $45 and the thief fled with the candy bar in hand.
Please watch the video here. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Mark Copley at 954-321-4738 or report anonymous tips to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or to www.browardcrimestoppers.org online. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton