By: Sharon Aron Baron
Golfers rejoice. The City of Tamarac and Colony West Country Club will be hosting a grand reopening ceremony complete with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and refreshments on Saturday, January 18, at 8:15 a.m.
Purchased by the City of Tamarac for $3 million in a short sale in 2011, the course closed last August after the Rack family, who had owned it, could not make future lease payments. The city has spent several months looking for a reputable management company and hired Billy Casper Golf out of Virginia, who was chosen out of a pool of over 30 applicants.
After the ribbon-cutting ceremony, there will be a special shotgun start with contests for the longest drive, putting, and closest to the pin. Both the Glades course and Champions course will be open; however, space is limited on the Champions course, so it is suggested that reservations are made early. The restaurant will be open, and there will be opening day prices for food and drinks.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.3023-Year-Old Man Fatally Shot in North Lauderdale; Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit Investigating
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale