By: Sharon Aron Baron
Golfers rejoice. The City of Tamarac and Colony West Country Club will be hosting a grand reopening ceremony complete with a ribbon cutting ceremony and refreshments on Saturday, January 18 at 8:15 a.m.
Purchased by the City of Tamarac for $3 million in a short sale in 2011, the course closed last August after the Rack family who had owned it, was unable to to make future lease payments. The city has spent several months looking for a reputable management company and hired Billy Casper Golf out of Virginia, who was chosen out of a pool of over 30 applicants.
After the ribbon cutting ceremony, there will be a special shotgun start with contests for the longest drive, putting, and closest to the pin. Both the Glades course and Champions course will be open, however space is limited on the Champions course, so it is suggested that reservations are made early. The restaurant will be open and there will be opening day prices for food and drinks.
Special one-day only course prices: Championship course – $30 and Glades course – $25. Call the pro shop at (954) 718-7061 or email THarris@ColonyWestGolfClub.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.12.03Home-Based Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for CARES Act
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science