By Selene Raj
In an extremely tight race for Tamarac District 3 commission seat, challenger Elvin Villalobos leads against incumbent Julie Fishman. However, the results have not been certified as of Tuesday night.
Villalobos, real estate businessman, and former mayoral candidate, is winning with 4,404 votes, and Commissioner Fishman is following closely with 4,315 — for a difference of 89 votes, which is outside the margin for a recount at this time.
With less than one percent separating Villalobos and Fishman, this will continue to be a race to watch as the final votes are counted.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac