By Joe Morguess
Do I think Biden will win in November? Yes.
Here’s why Joe Biden stands tall above Trump, and why his decency soars above Trump’s lack of character, and why he will win the hearts of every decent American in November.
Life has humbled Biden in ways Trump can never touch. Biden knows about loss, of not one, but two children and his young wife.
Biden married Neilia Hunter in 1966, and they had two sons and a daughter named Naomi Christina.
In December 1972, while Joe Biden was Senator-elect, Neilia and Naomi were killed in a traffic crash that injured his two sons, who eventually recovered from their injuries.
Joe Biden married his second wife, Jill, in 1977, and together they had a daughter, Ashley. In May 2015, his son Beau, who survived the 1972 car crash, died of brain cancer.
There, but for the grace of a God, go the rest of us. We hope our children will survive us, not the other way around.
Each loss for Joe was too early in the scheme of things; the natural order of succession was tragically reversed. Only he and those who have lost a child know the solitary journey to find the strength, the courage to move on.
Joe knows about loss and is humbled and compassionate as a result. He turns out to be the right one now. And decent.
Trump was fed with a silver spoon, and to this day since 2016 has never, ever, shown any humility or empathy. Not once. It’s all about him, not about the virus, or the loss of 120,000 Americans, or the tragic killings of profiled Americans.
And as his former administration officials have said about him, he’s the first president in history trying to divide America, not unite us. On the basis alone that he is the worst role model for kids in Presidential history, he can’t be permitted to lead them to the dark side any longer.
If there is a landslide of more decent Americans voting in November, Biden will win in a landslide. If it’s the opposite and I’m wrong about what constitutes Americans in 2020, God help us.
Tamarac Talk welcomes all opinions. If you have one, submit it here.
- Joseph Morguess is a long term resident of Kings Point, a retired clinical school psychologist/ human relations trainer, and is a District 3 Broward Commission Appointee and the Vice-Chair of the Broward Consumer Protection Board.
- News2021.06.15Kings Point Resident Trapped in Elevator After Thunderstorms Cause Power Issues
- News2021.01.05COVID-19 Vaccinations at Kings Point: A Smooth Process on the First Day
- News2020.06.30Opinion: Biden and Decency for the Win
- News2019.06.16Kings Point Resident Calls For Armed Security in the Community