By Sharon Aron Baron
COVID-19 has changed the way families celebrate the holidays this year, but Wickshire Tamarac senior living community sets its focus on an unlikely generation with the sound of joy in children.
Located at 7650 N University Drive, Wickshire Tamarac, a 113-unit center catering to older adults, is promoting Sing Us a Song – Songs for Seniors.
This program was launched by Wickshire Senior Living earlier this year to promote the idea that when everything is changing, where everything else may fail, music can be the ultimate catalyst for joy, empowerment, strength, and healing. More importantly, it is a foundation for community. Music unifies, and it reconciles, especially in assisted living, a place where COVID-19 has impacted human connection the most, especially during the holidays.
Parents can record their children singing their favorite holiday song and upload it to wickshireseniorliving.com/sing, and residents can watch it later.
Due to the success of Sing Us a Song’s first launch, Wickshire Tamarac has brought back the highly favored campaign just in time this holiday season. This resurgence of the videos residents and staff got so much enjoyment out of at the height of the pandemic will resound the boughs of laughter, endless smiles, and irrevocable joy so many residents had earlier in the year.
With the holidays peeking around the corner and residents gearing up for another season of staying in and staying still, it’s important more than ever to usher in the whimsical feeling Christmas brings and show residents Santa has not forgotten them.
If you are interested in sending over a video of your child singing their favorite holiday song for Wickshire Tamarac’s residents, please visit wickshireseniorliving.com/sing to upload your video.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family