By Ryan Yousefi
With new COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamaac Talk continues providing updates from the Florida Department of Health.
As of December 25, there were 3,361 positive COVID-19 cases in Tamarac. That’s an increase of 49 positive cases since we last updated readers on December 22.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 1,264,588 positive COVID-19 cases to date. Florida is one of only three states in the U.S. to have recorded over one million COVID-19 cases, with only California and Texas registering more.
There were 85,777 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on December 25, with 8,970 coming back positive. Of those positive cases, 5,961 were Floridians testing positive for the first time. As a whole, last week Florida saw the most cases they’ve had since the peak of the pandemic on July 12, when a record 15,394 were recorded.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on December 25 was 44-years-old, a slight uptick compared to previous days. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 20,874 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19 and a total of 60,800 patients hospitalized.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 29,515
Pompano Beach 13,620
Coral Springs 6,866
Deerfield Beach 3,825
Coconut Creek 2,986
Pembroke Pines 2,306
North Lauderdale 2,157
Oakland Park 1,806
Cooper City 1,327
Wilton Manors 585
Lauderdale Lakes 557
Southwest Ranches 449
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.04.17Tamarac Man Who Threatened Neighbor With a BB Gun Arrested For Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- News2021.03.26Tamarac COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26
- News2021.03.24Tamarac COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24