By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
Bicycling is a popular activity, so the Broward Sheriff’s Office and City of Tamarac Parks and Recreation have teamed up to make sure kids learn how to stay safe.
This year’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo, held on Saturday, April 10, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., promises to be fun with safety tips, bike rides, inspections, an obstacle course, races, and there will be a free bike raffle giveaway.
Children between the ages of 4 -12 years are asked to wear their helmets and are also required to bring their own bikes.
The Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute reports that bicycle injuries and deaths affect children and young people more often than any other age group. Stanford Children’s Health estimates that 100 children are killed and 254,000 are injured each year due to bicycle-related accidents.
All children will have to follow CDC guidelines and will be required to wear a face mask while attending, said Deputy Jennifer Marion.
Since space is limited, advanced registration is recommended by visiting Bicycle Safety Rodeo Tickets, Sat, Apr 10, 2021, at 9:30 AM | Eventbrite.
The Tamarac Sports Complex is located at 9901 NW 77th St, Tamarac, Fl 33321.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2021.08.02Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- News2021.07.28Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- News2021.07.22Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7
- News2021.07.20Tamarac Holds Drive-Thru School Supply Distribution Event