By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac City commission members are discussing the Woodlands Development Agreement and other items related to the future 335 single-family homes built on the community’s dilapidated golf course at their next meeting.
The long-contested land use change designation for two 18-hole golf courses at the Woodlands Country Club from “recreational” to “residential” was finally approved earlier this year, allowing the developer, 13th Floor Homes, to start planning the development of the new community of single-family homes.
At the March meeting, the developer’s representative noted that the plan for the new and improved Woodlands also includes an 8,000 sq. ft. clubhouse, two tennis courts, two paddle ball courts, a playground, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and a café. The developer wants to build sidewalks and add a recreational trail through the community, promising to preserve much of the existing green space.
At the city commission workshop on Monday, commission members heard a development presentation from the city’s Community Development Director, Maxine Calloway.
At the regular commission meeting on Wednesday, November 8, members will discuss five items connected to the Woodlands development, including establishing the reserve at the community district and removing certain restrictions on fences and hedges for the area.
The commission will also discuss the development of 335 single-family homes no higher than 30 ft., developed at a maximum density of 2.4 dwelling units per gross acre, a new clubhouse and amenity campus, and a minimum of 160 acres of open space.
The meeting includes the public hearing on the large-scale local land use plan amendment to preserve approximately 110 acres of land within the former golf course and a quasi-judicial hearing on the site plan approval for the Woodlands Development.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo