By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Sunday, a 15-year-old bicyclist from North Lauderdale was last seen riding in the left thru lane of North State Road 7 in Tamarac.
Witnesses observed Lasvillie Sean Edwards, Jr. abruptly move from the left thru lane where he grabbed onto a handle mounted on the passenger side of a 2016 Freightliner truck as if to hitch a ride.
Simultaneously, Earl R. Hayes, 57, of Lauderdale Lakes, who was the driver of the truck, was turning right onto Northwest 49th Street when Edwards lost control of his bicycle, made contact with the passenger side of the truck and then rolled under the truck resulting in his death.
No more information from the Broward Sheriff’s Office at this time.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family