By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac contracts with Waste Management of Florida, Inc. to provide all residential solid waste services including collection of household garbage, bulky waste, yard waste, and recycling.
Trash and recycling carts come in three sizes 95-gallon, 65-gallon, and 35-gallon. Once per year, residents may select the size of the cart they want at no additional charge. However, if you are new to the city, or require a bigger cart due to a change in circumstances like an added family member, contact Waste Management.
All carts should be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the pick-up day or set out the night before. Carts not at the curb when the trucks service the area will not be picked up until the next scheduled day. Waste Management will only pick up garbage and recycling in the Waste Management carts and will not pick up extra bags on the ground or next to the can. In the event that a can is broken, lost, or stolen, residents should contact Waste Management for a replacement.
Residents are recommended to bag their garbage before placing it in the carts to prevent litter and keep their garbage carts clean. By bagging your garbage, your cart should only need to be rinsed out occasionally to keep it clean and odor-free.
Bulk trash includes household appliances, furniture, and other items of a bulky nature such as tree stumps and logs provided they are cut to the appropriate size and placed neatly at the curb.
Special and hazardous wastes including, but not limited to, construction materials, paints, automobile parts, electronics, and household cleaners are excluded and will not be collected. See Hazardous Waste collection here.
Residents receive solid waste service Monday through Friday all year. The only exception is if their normal collection occurs on December 25, it will be picked up on the next regularly scheduled day.
For Waste Management’s customer service call 954-974-7500.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.19Volunteers Needed at Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.04.18Reported Altercation in Tamarac Leaves 1 Dead
- News2021.04.17Woman Scammed out of $200K on Dating Site in Tamarac Crime Updates
- News2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20