By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella track and field team completed an incredible season in the State Championship on Saturday at the University of North Florida on Friday.
Not only did they have 18 students compete, but they also had nine reach the podium, highlighted by the relay teams. The girls 4 x 100 relay team finished third overall: Yamila Elliott, Jade Brown, Qyrah Spann-Pierre, and Ajah Arscottt. Brown also finished fifth in the 100 meters and sixth in the 200 meters.
For the boys, their 4 x 400 relay team of Charles Green, Jasiah Clapp, Keon Clarke, and TraeJon Roberts finished fifth. These four runners also made States in the 4 x 800 relay and placed 11th. Individually, Nikai Mcnee finished eighth in the long jump and ninth in the triple jump. Charles Green placed in the top 16 in the 200 and 400 meters, while Jasiah Clapp and Merraro competed in the 800 and 400 hurdles.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.304 TS Aquatics Swimmers Make College Choice: Set to Host Summer Camp
- News2023.05.239 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Reach Podium at States
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball and Track and Field Make Runs in Regionals
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Soccer Star Zachary Zub Makes College Pick