By: Sharon Aron Baron
Performing the “Human Chandelier” a platform collapsed during an aerial stunt at a circus performance Sunday, sending eight entertainers plummeting to the ground. Nine performers were seriously injured in the fall, including a dancer below.
The accident was reported at about 11:45 a.m. during the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus’ Legends show at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence Rhode Island according to the AP.
Stephen Payne, a spokesman for Feld Entertainment, the parent company of Ringling Bros., said the accident happened during an act when eight female performers hang “like a human chandelier” using their hair.
He said the metal-frame apparatus from which the performers were hanging came free from the metal truss it was connected to. The eight women fell 25 to 30 feet, landing on a dancer on the ground.
Investigators are looking at whether or not a cable snapped leaving all nine injured.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments