By: Sharon Aron Baron
Performing the “Human Chandelier” a platform collapsed during an aerial stunt at a circus performance Sunday, sending eight entertainers plummeting to the ground. Nine performers were seriously injured in the fall, including a dancer below.
The accident was reported at about 11:45 a.m. during the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus’ Legends show at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence Rhode Island according to the AP.
Stephen Payne, a spokesman for Feld Entertainment, the parent company of Ringling Bros., said the accident happened during an act when eight female performers hang “like a human chandelier” using their hair.
He said the metal-frame apparatus from which the performers were hanging came free from the metal truss it was connected to. The eight women fell 25 to 30 feet, landing on a dancer on the ground.
Investigators are looking at whether or not a cable snapped leaving all nine injured.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.17Broward Sheriff’s Office Holding Open House for Interested Job Applicants Feb 22
- News2020.02.15Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 22
- News2020.02.15Sugar Hill Gang Headlining 3rd Annual One Tamarac Multicultural Festival
- News2020.02.07Tamarac Condo Owners Wake up to Flooding Inside their Homes