By: Jen Russon
Beginning on December 1, public school students throughout Broward County can apply to attend the school of their choice. The opportunity lasts until February 1, 2022.
Also, during the three-month application window, students may apply for magnet programs, Nova schools, and school reassignments.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to explore school options by clicking on the ‘Explore Your Options’ link at the BSPS website; or access school choice information by student interest and grade level.
A new online system, the School Choice Family Dashboard, was designed to be the first step in the application process and will be available by Wednesday, November 17.
Once the student’s dashboard is created, families can submit their School Choice applications, beginning on December 1, at 8 a.m.
The 2022/23 application window for the Family Empowerment Scholarship (FES) for Students with Unique Abilities, formerly known as the John M. McKay Scholarship, begins May 2, 2022.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.11.26Applications for School Choice to Open December 1
- News2021.11.22The Broward Health Coral Springs ‘Medical Staff Scholarship’ Now Accepting Applications
- News2021.11.21Tamarac to Rename Dog Park After Late Veterinarian
- News2021.11.14Tamarac Resident Pens ‘YES! I Am’, a book on Love and Gratitude