By: Sharon Aron Baron
A new work of art will soon be added to the public art collection. The aptly named mural called “Lady Justice” will be unveiled in front of its new home at BSO’s district office in Tamarac.
Created by Ruben Ubiera, a neo-figurative artist from Santo Domingo, whose works are known for strong use of the line, graffiti inspired technique/esthetic, urban murals, mixed-media pieces and installations; all created with reclaimed-objects and found artifacts.
Ubiera paints and draws in a style considered as Postgraffism, but he prefers to call it urban-pop, since he has lived most of his life in urban, populated areas and most of his inspiration is derived from the inter activity between man and his urban environment.
At the age of 15, his family moved to the Bronx, NY, where he was heavily influenced by the graffiti art that surrounded him, something he wouldn’t realize until much later in his life.
This piece is part of the VisualEYES project which features a select group of renowned South Florida artists who will create ten murals around the County. A mural will be created in each of the nine County Commission Districts, including one at Port Everglades. The participating artists will conduct community engagement workshops in which they will work closely with residents to understand the social issues and identities of the surrounding neighborhoods.
The public is welcome to the dedication on Wednesday, August 26 at 6 p.m. at the BSO Tamarac District located at 7515 NW 88 Ave. Immediately following the dedication, join City officials for light refreshments and a display of community artwork inside of City Hall.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway