By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac residents have only a few more dates to attend a Neighborhood Meeting.
Each year, representatives from every city department along with the respective city commissioner and Mayor Michelle Gomez travel into various communities for the annual meetings giving residents a chance to ask questions. The agenda consists of an update on projects in the district, upcoming events, and an interactive Q & A session on topics of their choice.
Every district meeting has a host location, but residents from outside of the district that they live in are welcome to attend.
Commissioner Julie Fishman represents District Three, which covers Kings Point and the Westwood communities. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at Kings Point Clubhouse 7620 N. Nob Hill Rd.
Commissioner Marlon Bolton represents District One, which covers the eastern portion of Tamarac. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, at the Mainlands 1 & 2 Clubhouse 4301 Mainland Drive
Vice Mayor Debra Placko represents District Four, which covers the Sunflower/Heathgate neighborhood. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 29, at the Tamarac Community Center 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
Residents may attend any District meeting. Not sure which District you live? Check out this district map here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac