By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac City Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad tried to get the appellate court to drastically accelerate the timing in her appeal of Circuit Judge Michael Gate’s order denying her an “Emergency Injunction” to stop the recall against her.
Judge Gates had denied her request finding her grounds were insufficient and that her requested relief would not serve the public interest.
As a result the Recall Committee was allowed to continue to collect signatures which are now being counted at the Supervisor of Elections office. The Court of Appeals denied her attorney’s request to “fast track” the appeal which caused them to file a second motion to the Appeals Court to reconsider. The Appeals Court likewise denied the request to reconsider.
Over 2,600 signed petitions are currently being validated and it will be another two more weeks before the public will be informed if the recall efforts were successful.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.282020 Teen Summit Held in Tamarac
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport