By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac just held the grand opening of Mainlands Park in January 2015. Formerly the Monterey Golf Club, the 23-acre site, now called the Mainlands Park, is now complete with wide concrete paths, exercise stations, shaded benches, and picnic tables.
Also included is free wifi, restrooms, and water fountains. The paths at the park are wide enough for both pedestrians and bicyclists and dogs are allowed as long as they’re kept on leashes.
The land, located at 4500 Monterey Drive, was once owned by father and son developers Bruce and Shawn Chait who brought down several local and county politicians on charges of corruption who were accused of trading votes for compensation, included former City Commissioner Marc Sultanoff, who died before he could go to trial; former Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad, who received a downpayment for a BMW and payment for a victory party for her election; and former Mayor Beth Talabisco who is scheduled to go to trial in May.
Footage shot with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ by Adam Baron www.AdamBaronPhoto.com who shoots real estate photography.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022