By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac just held the grand opening of Mainlands Park in January 2015. Formerly the Monterey Golf Club, the 23-acre site, now called the Mainlands Park, is now complete with wide concrete paths, exercise stations, shaded benches, and picnic tables.
Also included is free wifi, restrooms and water fountains. The paths at the park are wide enough for both pedestrians and bicyclists and dogs are allowed as long as they’re kept on leashes.
The land, located at 4500 Monterey Drive was once owned by father and son developers Bruce and Shawn Chait who brought down several local and county politicians on charges of corruption who were accused of trading votes for compensation, included former City Commissioner Marc Sultanoff, who died before he could go to trial; Former Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad, who received a downpayment for a BMW and payment for a victory party for her election; and former Mayor Beth Talabisco who is scheduled to go to trial in May.
Footage shot with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ by Adam Baron www.AdamBaronPhoto.com who shoots real estate photography.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton