Drone video by Adam Baron.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac just held the grand opening of Mainlands Park in January 2015. Formerly the Monterey Golf Club, the 23-acre site, now called the Mainlands Park, is complete with wide concrete paths, exercise stations, shaded benches, and picnic tables.
Also included is free wifi, restrooms, and water fountains. The paths at the park are wide enough for both pedestrians and bicyclists, and dogs are allowed as long as they’re kept on leashes.
The land, located at 4500 Monterey Drive, was once owned by father and son developers Bruce and Shawn Chait, who brought down several local and county politicians on charges of corruption who were accused of trading votes for compensation, including former City Commissioner Marc Sultanoff, who died before he could go to trial; former Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad, who received a downpayment for a BMW and payment for a victory party for her election; and former Mayor Beth Talabisco who is scheduled to go to trial in May.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications