By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Transit and the Florida Department of Transportation are taking the stress out of getting to Miami — and Miami International Airport with 75 Express Service.
Launched on January 23, the new service will depart from BB&T Park and Ride and travel to Miami Airport Station with a stop at Miami Gardens Drive Park and Ride.
Upon arrival at Miami Airport Station, riders can choose from multiple connection options, including Tri-Rail, Metrorail, Metrobus, and Greyhound, if their destination takes them further, or they can hop on the MIA Mover to connect to Miami Airport terminals.
The best part? Parking at the BB&T Park and Ride is free.
The 75 Express Service will operate on weekdays every 30 minutes during morning and afternoon peak times. It will travel on the I-75 express lanes, bypassing much of the rush-hour traffic congestion and resulting in shorter travel times. The vehicles are comfortable, air-conditioned, and fully equipped with Wi-Fi and bicycle racks, making them ideal for long commutes.
Broward County County Commissioner Michael Udine, who represents Tamarac, Parkland, and Coral Springs, believes this will be an excellent option for residents traveling through Miami International Airport or to Miami.
“I occasionally use the Express Bus to visit my son David who lives in downtown Miami,” said Udine. “Sometimes I’m just tired of driving all week, and by traveling this way, I get an hour to an hour-and-a-half block to work and answer emails.”
Transportation Director Chris Walton said the new 75 Express Service would offer better connectivity to Miami and give commuters an economical and stress-free option for traveling to their destination, especially those who live and work along the I-75 corridor.
Those who want to try the service for free can get a three-day pass by visiting www.TryTransitFree.com. Express Service departure and arrival times, and Rider Guides can be accessed at Broward.org/BCT/Schedules.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes
- News2023.05.07Unleash a Summer of Fun with the South Florida Adventure Pass: 4 Attractions, 1 Low Price