By: Sharon Aron Baron
As part of a statewide initiative, Broward County Public Schools celebrates the father-child bond with “Dads Take Your Child to School Day.”
Held on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, the Florida Department of Education encouraging fathers and male role models to be involved in their child’s education.
“Fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, foster fathers and other male role models are invited to take their children to school on September 26,” said Superintendent Robert Runcie. “We look forward to seeing all of you.”
The initiative highlights the significant roles fathers and male role models have in enhancing students’ educational experiences and increasing student achievement. Research shows students perform better academically, have fewer discipline problems and become more responsible adults when fathers and male role models are actively involved in their education.
Share photos from area Tamarac schools with BCPS via social media using hashtag #FLDadsAtSchool18.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament