By: Sharon Aron Baron
As part of a statewide initiative, Broward County Public Schools celebrates the father-child bond with “Dads Take Your Child to School Day.”
Held on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, the Florida Department of Education encouraging fathers and male role models to be involved in their child’s education.
“Fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, foster fathers and other male role models are invited to take their children to school on September 26,” said Superintendent Robert Runcie. “We look forward to seeing all of you.”
The initiative highlights the significant roles fathers and male role models have in enhancing students’ educational experiences and increasing student achievement. Research shows students perform better academically, have fewer discipline problems and become more responsible adults when fathers and male role models are actively involved in their education.
Share photos from area Tamarac schools with BCPS via social media using hashtag #FLDadsAtSchool18.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club