By: Sharon Aron Baron
Blessing of the Animals, conducted in remembrance of Saint Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures, will be held by the Humane Society of Broward County.
St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and ecology had a deep love of God which overflowed into a love for all of God’s creatures. His sermons preached to animals, and his insistence that all creatures are brothers and sisters under God. Every year on or around October 4, Christians throughout the world celebrate the Feast of St. Francis with prayers for creation and a blessing of the animals.
The Humane Society of Broward County invites Tamarac residents to bring their special furry friends on Sunday, October 14 from 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. outside in the east yard at the Humane Society of Broward County where the Franciscan Friars of the Parish of Saints Francis & Clare will perform the Blessing.
Pets of all kinds are welcome, but they state they must be either in a secure carrier or on a leash. For more information, please call 954-266-6848 or 954-731-8173. No RSVP is needed.
The Humane Society of Broward County is located at 2070 Griffin Road, just west of I-95.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.03Curfew Lifted in Tamarac and the Rest of Broward County
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28