By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools have recorded 1,478 COVID-19 cases among students and staff as of Sept. 9, reflecting a 61 percent increase in reported new infections since the previous week, data show.
Coronavirus infections have been confirmed for at least 1,109 students and 369 school employees (1,478 total), according to the school system’s COVID-19 dashboard. In the district’s prior COVID data update reflecting confirmed cases through Sept. 2, Broward schools reported 916 total cases.
The new data show self-reported coronavirus cases for school employees, as well as confirmed cases for students attending in-person instruction, since school began Aug. 18.
Total Reported Cases Since August 18
In Tamarac, Millennium 6-12 Collegiate Academy reported 12 cases; Discovery Elementary School reported 12 cases, Pinewood Elementary School reported three cases, and Tamarac Elementary one case.
Among Coral Springs schools, Coral Glades High School has reported 22 COVID-19 cases since the first day of school; J.P. Taravella High School reported four cases; Coral Springs High School reported 15 cases; Coral Springs Middle School reported three cases; Forest Glen Middle School reported six cases; Ramblewood Middle School reported 10 cases; Coral Springs Elementary School reported six cases; Parkside Elementary School reported five cases; Riverside Elementary School reported 10 cases; Westchester Elementary School reported 11 cases; Ramblewood Elementary School reported 15 cases; Country Hills Elementary School reported one case; Coral Park Elementary School reported five cases; Park Springs Elementary School reported 17 cases; Forest Hills Elementary School reported three cases; and Eagle Ridge Elementary School reported five cases.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 18, 2023Detectives Search for Serial Thief who Struck 4 Times at North Lauderdale Walmart
- NewsJuly 16, 2023Detectives Search for Missing Tamarac Man
- NewsJuly 5, 2023Lauderhill Boy Suffers Facial Burns, Partial Amputation of Fingers in Fireworks Accident
- NewsJune 30, 2023North Lauderdale Woman Struck by SUV Dies