By Agrippina Fadel
Election Day is only a few weeks away. The League of Women Voters of Broward County organized a virtual forum to introduce the candidates in Tamarac’s mayoral run and commissioner seats in Districts 2 and 4.
The forum for the mayor candidates is live-streamed on Monday, October 17, at 8 p.m., and candidates in Districts 2 and 4 is scheduled for Wednesday, October 19, at 7 p.m.
Both forums are live-streamed and will be available as recordings on the League’s Facebook page.
There are ten candidates on the November ballots. The current Mayor, Michelle Gomez, and the challenger, Vice Mayor Mike Gelin, will compete for the mayoral seat; five candidates in District 2, including real estate investor Alexandra Alvarez, industrial specialist, and adjunct professor Joseph Lanouette, seasoned attorney Stuart Michelson, small business owner and veteran Tyneka Rene, and businessman Morey Wright.
Commissioner Debra Placko is not running for reelection, which leaves three candidates competing for the District 4 seat, including school principal Kicia Daniel, retired Broward County School Board administrator Carol Mendelson, and retirement consulting professional David Witman Mountford.
The residents can check out how the candidates answered the League’s questions here.
The League of Women Voters of Broward County is a nonpartisan organization.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.21Woodlands Showdown: City Commission to Decide Golf Course’s Future Amid Community Debate
- News2023.03.21Ticket Alert: The Company Men Bring a Night of Hits to the Kings Point Palace
- News2023.03.21Sunday Matinee at Kings Point Palace: JayCee Driesen Sings Show Tunes and Classic Standards
- News2023.03.21Get Ready for Summer Fun: Camp Tamarac is Now Open for Resident Registration