Time to throw out old documents and any old medications because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will hold a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet prescription drug “take back” event this Saturday at King’s Point in Tamarac from 9 am – noon.
Drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. You can even bring your old computer hard drive and watch as they have a machine specially designed to destroy these as well.
The prescription drug take back program, operating under the name Operation Medicine Cabinet, allows participants to turn in unused or expired prescription medication to receive a $5 gift card (while supplies last, limit one per family).
The Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information. The service is free of charge. There’s a limit of five boxes per person. The Shred-A-Thon events began in Broward County in May 2008, as a joint initiative by the Broward Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Attorney General’s Office, with the assistance of UNISHRED and The National Association of TRIADS.
9 a.m. – noon, Saturday, March 9, 2013
7620 N. Nob Hill Rd., Tamarac
For more information on the Shred-A-Thon, please call (954) 321-4100. For more information about the prescription drug “take back” event or prescription drug prevention presentations, contact Jonathon Fishman at (954) 831.8902.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup