On Thursday, a fundraising reception was held for Louie Granteed, Democratic candidate for Broward County Sheriff.
Held at The Whale Raw Bar in Parkland, this is one of many events that have been held for Granteed by his supporters.
Granteed is currently the Assistant Chief of Police of Hollywood who brings to the table over 30 years experience of leadership. He says if elected, “He will make the right decisions, at the right times for the right reasons for our residents, business owners, taxpayers, tourists and the outstanding men and women of the Broward Sheriff’s Office.”
Granteed is not only a graduate of the 205th Session of the United States Department of Justice, FBI National Academy, but he holds a Bachelors Degree of Professional Studies from Barry University and has completed graduate courses at the University of Virginia towards his Masters Degree.
Granteed started his career with the Hollywood Police Department in 1982 at the age of 18. During this time, Granteed has served as a Community Service Officer, Investigator, Police Officer, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and Major until he was promoted to Assistant Chief of Police in 2004.
Set to retire on June 14th, after 30 years with Hollywood Police, Granteed will devote more time to his campaign.
“We want to meet as many people as possible to talk about our message and have people tell us what’s important to them and their community.”
Granteed is the father of three children. Currently he is the Executive Director of the Hollywood Police Athletic League and is an active member of many civic organizations throughout the City of Hollywood and Broward County. Louie has received over 400 combined Letters of Commendation, Recognition or Appreciation and 34 Department Commendations. For 29 years, Granteed has had perfect attendance with the department.
“I believe I could do a better job with my 30 years of public safety experience,” says Granteed, “I believe I could create the right vision and strategy plan to lead Broward County and the Sheriff’s Office to a brighter and better future for everyone.”
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is contracted by the City of Tamarac. Please see additional photos on one of our: Facebook Pages
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes
- News2023.05.07Unleash a Summer of Fun with the South Florida Adventure Pass: 4 Attractions, 1 Low Price