Update: I have been contacted by Christee’s mom and by BSO who reported that Christee Bacon, who was missing from Tamarac was located Monday unharmed in Lighthouse Point at a McDonalds.
Christee Bacon has been missing from her Banyan Lakes home in Tamarac Florida since April 6th and no one seems to care.
Not even our police, according to her family.
In fact, BSO won’t even investigate, telling her mother Mildred Bacon that since the girl has run away before, that she’s likely a runaway again. But Bacon doesn’t believe it.
Not this time.
Her daughter Christee said that she was going over to a friend’s home and never made it over there. There wasn’t a fight between the two of them and she even told her dad where she was going when she left around 5:15 pm.
When Bacon came home and called the friend’s mother she found out Christee never made it there.
Christee didn’t have a cellphone with her at the time. She had lost her cellphone privileges a month before, but Bacon says Christee wasn’t upset about that. She was still allowed to use the phone inside her home.
Christee is an 8th grader at Silver Lakes Middle School in North Lauderdale and Bacon is not getting any answers from her friends there. She’s been passing out flyers along with her other children and hoping someone out there knows something about Christee’s disappearance.
Christee has hyper-thyroidism and needs her medication, her mother said. She is hoping someone may know something about her medical needs and asks for help soon.
Besides Christee’s disappearance, the biggest travesty of all is that the media is not all over this story, I only heard about this last night.
The paper didn’t run the story until now because the young lady wasn’t white. Had Christee been white (and blonde) she would have made the front page on April 7th and the lead story on CNN thirty minutes after the paper had hit the stands.” – Sun Sentinel Reader after the Sentinel waited over a month to write a story about this missing child.
Please keep your eyes open and if you see anything, please contact BSO 954-765-4321 or Mildred Bacon at 754-422-7409.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes