By: Sharon Aron Baron
The average age in Tamarac was reduced a few more years thanks to candidate for Mayor Mike Gelin and his wife Shaheewa who just gave birth earlier in the week to their first child.
Earlier this week, my wife gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby boy. We are proud to be parents and look forward to raising this child to be a productive member of society. I look forward to representing the City of Tamarac as Mayor so I can help make this a great city for your children and my children.” – Mike Gelin
Gelin is a Commercial Insurance Advisor and Employee Benefits Consultant where he advises medium and large size firms in developing health strategies and managing healthcare costs.
Born in Brooklyn, New York his family moved to Broward County in the late 1980s where he later graduated from Plantation High School. Gelin went on to attend and graduate from Morris Brown College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration. While there, he studied abroad at the University of Ghana in Ghana, West Africa and the American Continental University in London, England. After graduating, Mike continued his professional development and earned the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist designation. The CEBS designation is a joint program of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
Gelin volunteers as a coach with the Tamarac Youth Basketball League and was appointed to the Community Involvement Roundtable of the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization In the past, he has served on the City of Tamarac’s Insurance Advisory Board and he is a graduate of the 2009 Class of Tamarac University.
Originally running for the District 2 City Commission Seat, Gelin decided to instead run for mayor.
“After meeting with voters door to door and talking to community leaders, I was encouraged to run for Mayor instead.”
Mike and his wife currently live in Hampton Hills in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County