The District Maps are approved, and the candidates are ready. It looks like it will be a busy election season for at least two district seats affecting the Western part of Broward County this year, with no seats going unchallenged.
The bloggers are already having a field day with this race, which has only begun. Let’s hope for some maturity and civility in each of these races. Only the candidates at the top can stop the venom that is spewed from their friends.
District One is comprised of Weston, West Davie, Plantation, Sunrise, Lauderhill, and a tiny part of Tamarac (which is the only reason why this is even pertinent to Tamarac Talk).
The only sections of Tamarac included here are the Woodlands and Sabal Palm. Currently, two candidates are running in this district since Ilene Lieberman was termed out in 2012. They are Howard Berger, a Democrat who has been a Lauderhill City Commissioner since 2004, and Martin “Marty” Kiar, Democrat who is currently serving as a State Representative.
District Three, which covers Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and half of North Lauderdale, has been represented by Stacy Ritter since 2006. Ritter, a Democrat, will be running again this year and has competition with Robert W. Sutton. Sutton, a Republican, currently teaches High School at Broward County Schools.
I plan on keeping our cities in the loop regarding any town hall meeting with the candidates. Keep your questions handy. This election cycle would be an excellent opportunity to ask candidates about everything you’d like to know about our community and what can be done on Broward County’s end to make changes.
Not sure what they really do? Read their Mission, Vision, and Goals
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family