By Selene Raj
Covid-19 has impacted nearly every area of life for residents. Tamarac has been working to address that impact through various assistance programs, funds, and grants—including repair grants, rental assistance, and utility payments.
Most recently, they are also hoping to address another problem — residents impacted financially who can no longer afford mobile devices and subscriptions.
Through a partnership with T-Mobile, the Connectivity and Technology for Employment Support provides connectivity technology for residents who qualify.
The goal is to help residents search for jobs and employment opportunities by ensuring that not having a cellphone isn’t a barrier. Recipients of the program will receive mobile devices and connections through T-Mobile for two years.
To apply, download the Mobile Assistance Application. Drop off in a sealed envelope the completed and signed application form and backup documents in a sealed envelope labeled on the front “City of Tamarac 2020 Emergency Assistance Program ” at the Tamarac Municipal Complex 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, Mondays to Fridays – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover