By Selene Raj
What happens when we die? That one question spawns many answers, and Rabbi Koppel Silberberg with the Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac hopes to explore that uncertainty in its newest course offering: Journey of the Soul.
Rabbi Silberberg instructs the six-week course, attempting to trace the journey of the soul through birth and after death through the lens of Judaism. The course explores if there is a better place that comes after one’s life, if loved ones can continue to connect with ancestors, and if it is possible to relate to any concept of an afterlife if one doesn’t feel particularly spiritual.
Implemented in partnership with the Albert Einstein College of MEdicine-Montefiore Medical Center and the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, social workers, LMFTs, LMHC, and APRNs in Florida can receive educational (ACCME) credits by participating in the course.
The class includes both socially-distanced in-person options, on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. between February 11 and March 18, and Zoom options on Mondays at 7:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. between February 8 and March 15.
The cost is $70 and includes the textbook and instruction. With an RSVP, people are welcomed to try out the first class at no charge. Scholarships are also available and can be inquired about by contacting Chabad at office@JewishTamarac.com. Registration is available online.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover