By Agrippina Fadel
Held on Friday, October 28, at 6.30 p.m., the dinner costs $36 or can be purchased as a part of the Jewish Women’s Circle annual membership that includes six events for $118. Mayor Gomez is joined by another guest speaker, a doctor of Breast Surgical Oncology, Dr. Nadia Nocera Zachariah.
Co-Director of Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac and head of Tamarac’s Jewish Women’s Circle, Goldy Silberberg, said the event gathers women of all ages to celebrate Shabbat in a warm and peaceful atmosphere while honoring all those in the breast cancer community.
“Building on the legacy of last year’s beautiful event, we are thrilled to be joined by the mayor of Tamarac, who will be sharing her story. This event is open to all, and no affiliation is necessary,” she added.
Silberberg said Chabad is partnering for the event with the Sharsheret, the Jewish Breast & Ovarian Cancer Community, and the proceeds of Pink Shabbat would go towards the organization.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo