By Sharon Aron Baron
Two suspects were arrested following a tri-county police chase ending at a Tamarac home that included a carjacking and an armed pursuit.
According to Public Information Officer Carey Codd, the developing incident began on Wednesday before 2 p.m. when BSO deputies received reports of a stolen white Lexus traveling at high speed through Broward County on Florida’s Turnpike.
Multiple law enforcement agencies, including BSO, were involved in the pursuit.
During the chase, the occupants of the stolen vehicle attempted to carjack a car at gunpoint in Broward County. A short time later, one of the occupants of the stolen vehicle carried out an armed carjacking on another car on Commercial Boulevard in Tamarac.
Law enforcement officers immediately crashed into the stolen car, rendering it inoperable, and two male occupants fled on foot.
BSO’s VIPER team (Violence Intervention Proactive Enforcement Response) was able to arrest one of the subjects. At the same time, the other suspect swam across a canal and fled into a nearby neighborhood where they entered a home in the 4900 block of Northwest 54th Street in Tamarac, west of the Turnpike.
Fortunately, the residents could safely exit the home, and BSO’s VIPER units surrounded the house and ordered the subject to surrender a short time later. He was taken to a nearby hospital by Tamarac Fire Rescue as a precaution.
During the chase, the westbound and eastbound lanes of Commercial Boulevard between the Turnpike and Rock Island Road are shut down as part of the investigation. BSO and other law enforcement agencies involved in the pursuit have not released any further information on the suspects or their motives.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family