By Sharon Aron Baron
Two men have been arrested following a tri-county police chase that ended in Tamarac on Wednesday.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the pursuit began after reports of a stolen white Lexus traveling at high speed on Florida’s Turnpike. Multiple law enforcement agencies, including BSO, were involved in the pursuit.
During the chase, occupants in the stolen vehicle attempted to carjack a car at gunpoint in Broward County. Later, an occupant of the vehicle carried out an armed carjacking on another car on Commercial Boulevard in Tamarac.
After the armed carjacking, law enforcement officers crashed into the vehicle to stop it, and two male occupants fled on foot.
BSO’s VIPER arrested one of the subjects while the other swam across a canal and fled into a neighborhood in the 4900 block of Northwest 54th Street in Tamarac.
The subject then entered an occupied dwelling, but the residents of the house were able to exit safely. BSO’s VIPER units surrounded the home and ordered the subject to surrender. A short time later, the subject exited the home and surrendered. The subject was transported to a nearby hospital by Tamarac Fire Rescue as a precaution.
The two individuals arrested are identified as Edward Foster, 22, and Matthew Geimer Jr., 22. Both men are currently being held in the Broward County Main Jail. The FBI will be handling the armed carjacking and attempted armed carjacking that occurred in Broward County.
BSO’s Robbery Unit detectives will be the lead investigating agency on the armed carjacking, attempted armed carjacking, and aggravated fleeing and eluding in Broward County.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County